Hello! I´m sure you´ve been thinking that I´m dead, because I never go this long without internet. Well, it hasn´t really been SO long without internet, but a) there´s only one internet cafe here, b) the internet is satellite so it frequently goes out for hours or days in bad weather, and c) the computer that kept being free (I wonder why?) is ancient and virus laden (it opens a lot of popups and the popup blocker is ON), so it actually won´t load the ¨logon¨ button for the Blogger homepage. Hence no blogging.
So, how are things going? Well, I´ve started actually interviewing people, which is good, but otherwise, Santa Eulalia in the rainy season is not exactly a happening vacation spot. I basically go to sleep from 9 pm to 6 am, take a walk in one direction or the other if it´s not raining, meet for a couple of hours with Lwin´s team that´s learning how to identify morphemes, look for people to interview and/or meet with them, study the Q´anjob´al grammar, watch bad American movies on TV, and/or read. Which is to say, life is getting a bit boring up here. I have literally not seen another tourist the entire time I´ve been here (nearly a week.) I hope to go meet some Peace Corps volunteers or some of the people associated with one or another language school, because really, you can only go so far talking about the weather and why I´m here! Two more weeks of research to go...
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment